Southern Illinois University Carbondale
The Southern Illinois Carbondale (SIUC) MPH program promotes public health through professional preparation of public health practitioners and researchers, community service and research/evaluation related to public health.
The program offers:
1. Innovative faculty research
2. A national-level award winning student organization (Eta Sigma Gamma)
3. Graduate Assistantship opportunities
4. An extensive network of alumni across the country
5. Small and interactive classroom settings
6. Preparation for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam
Research areas include community and rural health, aging, health disparities, sexual orientation, physical activity and obesity, program evaluation, environmental health and emergency preparedness & response.