California State University, Long Beach, Department of Health Science offers graduate programs that lead to a MPH or MS degree in Community Health and a joint MSN/MPH degree in collaboration with the Department of Nursing. The Health Science Department is home to nearly 600 undergraduate and graduate students, 12 full-time, and approximately 20 part-time faculty members. Students and faculty are representative of the university's diverse population reflecting a wide range of ages, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. Faculty members are dedicated to teaching, scholarship, and service. Faculty members strive to develop responsible and knowledgeable graduates capable of addressing social and public health problems. The department maintains a strong commitment to research through and collaborative efforts. Additionally, faculty members provide visionary leadership for local, statewide, and national professional organizations, governmental agencies, voluntary, and community based organizations.
What makes CSULB, Health Science Department, Community Health MPH/MS program unique?
• Convenient scheduling of classes, which are offered during evening hours to accommodate the needs of working adults who wish to advance in their profession. (4:00-6:45 and 7:00-9:45 Monday through Thursday)
• Flexibility to establish your own pace for earning a Master’s degree (two to seven years)
• Courses are taught by CSULB academic faculty and public health experts
• Strong interpersonal relationships are cultivated with faculty and public health experts
• Assistance with building Network opportunities
• Graduate Certificate in Latino Health and Nutrition Studies
• The National Council of La Raza/ California State University Long Beach Center for Latino Community Health, Evaluation, and LeadershipTraining strives to: improve, promote, and advocate for the health and well-being of diverse Latino/Hispanic communities transcending geographic, linguistic, philosophical, religious, cultural, and social contexts. Located on the CSULB campus, the Center provides unique training and leadership opportunities for health science students including: