Dates to Remember
Technical Assistance Webinars
Building Curricula from Competencies: Approaches and Practical Tips from an Instructional Design Perspective
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
This webinar will feature practical tips from an instructional design perspective from two outside presenters:
- Christine Arcari, associate dean, academic and student affairs, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health
- Analisa McMillan, director of distance learning, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health
The session will allow time for Q&A with the presenters and with CEPH staff
Case studies on the new MPH curriculum
Friday, June 8, 2018
Get answers to your burning questions!
This webinar will feature four institutions and how they have tackled aspects of the MPH curricular requirements in the 2016 Criteria.
Drexel University SPH – James Buehler, MD
Charles R. Drew University PHP – Sondos Islam, PhD, MPH, MS
St. George’s University PHP – Martin Forde, ScD, PEng, MASc
University of Nevada, Reno PHP – Roy Oman, PhD
- What assessments are you using for some of the most challenging competencies?
Presenters will provide examples, including competencies in the following categories:
- Evidence-based Approaches to Public Health
- Planning & Management to Promote Health
- Policy in Public Health
- What has your process looked like? How long is it taking?
- What challenges have you faced? What lessons have you learned?
TA Webinar: DrPH Curriculum
Thursday, August 2, 2018
More information coming soon!
Registration will open in mid-June
CEPH @ APHA
Join CEPH at the 2018 APHA Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA this November!
Accreditation Orientation Workshop (AOW)
July 26-27, 2018
2018 Pre-Application Orientation Workshops*
All P-AOWs will be offered as webinars via GoToWebinar.
Public Health Program (PHP) & School of Public Health (SPH) Inquirers: 1:00-2:00pm ET
Standalone Baccalaureate Program (SBP) Inquirers: 2:30-3:30pm ET
- Thursday, June 28
- Wednesday, September 5
- Tuesday, December 11
*Participation in a P-AOW is required for all schools and programs planning to pursue an initial application submission (IAS). More information can be found in CEPH’s procedures document.
February 2-3, 2018
June 14-16, 2018
September 7, 2018
November 1-3, 2018
Deadline information for interim reports and other information requested by the Council can be found here.
Substantive change notices and initial application submissions (IAS) are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis based on the unit’s timing and needs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.