2016 revised criteria
Accreditation Criteria for Schools and Programs
When will schools and programs need to demonstrate compliance with the new criteria?
All schools and programs must demonstrate compliance no later than December 31, 2018. All accredited and applicant schools and programs will receive an individualized letter from CEPH by December 1, 2016 that explains specifically what needs to be done.
When and where can I learn about the 2016 criteria revision?
- Criteria Rollout Meeting presentations
- Implementation training timeline
- ASPPH Webinar: CEPH Criteria Rollout Redux (Nov. 17, 2016)
- TA Webinar: MPH Curriculum & Faculty Resources (Dec. 2016) (Slides | Video Recording)
- TA Webinar: Guiding Statements and Evaluation (Feb. 22, 2017) (Slides)
- TA Webinar: Competency Mapping and Assessment (May 17, 2017) (Slides | Video Recording)
- Please note that CEPH guidance around NCHEC competencies for MPH degrees with a health education concentration has changed since this webinar. Schools and programs may either use 1) the seven areas of responsibility as concentration competencies or 2) the 35 competencies (eg, 1.1, 1.2, etc.) within each area of responsibility as concentration competencies required in Criterion D4. Schools and programs should not use the NCHEC sub-competencies (eg, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc.) as concentration competencies.
- TA Webinar: Populating Data Templates (Aug. 23, 2017)
- Self-study data elements comparison (2011 vs. 2016)