CEPH seeks a full-time Accreditation Coordinator. The position offers the opportunity to collaborate with talented people who are passionate about quality in public health and higher education.
CEPH is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. CEPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position is located in Silver Spring, MD, which is on the northern border of Washington, DC. Silver Spring is serviced by the Metrorail Red Line, Metrobus and numerous other transit options.
How to apply:
Applications will not be reviewed until ALL steps are complete:
- Save this application form and complete.
- Email the completed application form and a writing sample* to email@example.com with the subject line "Accreditation Coordinator Application."
- Click on "Apply for this job" on the BambooHR webpage and complete all fields, including uploading your cover letter and resume.
*The writing sample must be a paper or product with minimal outside editing (e.g., no published articles, group projects, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the accreditation review process, including logistics, for assigned schools and programs
- Coordinates accreditation on-site visits at universities located throughout the United States.
- Travels (by air, rail and auto) to locations throughout the United States for 2-4 days at a time (approximately 15-20 days/nights away from main worksite per year). Travel dates are defined at least 4 months in advance, whenever possible.
- Writes, edits and proofreads site visit team reports and other documents from 1-50 pages, with attention to style, grammar/syntax, and required content.
- Responds by email, by phone and in person to stakeholder inquiries.
- Reviews and analyzes documents and applies accreditation criteria and procedures.
- Manages multiple priorities to complete highly detailed tasks on deadline with minimal supervision.
- Assists with developing training materials and conducting training sessions
- Assists Executive Director and Deputy Director with special projects, board meeting materials, etc., as requested.
- MPH from a CEPH-accredited school or program required
- Candidates with a baccalaureate degree in a writing-intensive major, such as English or journalism are particularly encouraged to apply
- Two years full- or part-time work experience, strongly preferred (does not need to be public health or higher education related)
- Interest in higher education policy and issues